Impacting your passengers’ journey
Increase your share of the market and build loyalty among your passengers.
Transform your passengers’ journey into a set of experiences they will not forget. There is no better way to ensure their loyalty and make sure they will want to travel on your bus again on their next trip.
Achieving your passengers’ dream journey
Discover a whole new world of on-board services your passengers can enjoy right now.
New technologies offer state-of-the-art solutions combining communications and software
Teldat’s added value
See how Teldat´s more than 30 years’ experience in corporate communications can boost new solutions.
Watch the video again to see some of the on-board capabilities Teldat can provide. Do you have anything else in mind you want your passengers to experience on board? Let us know!
In a cloud-dependent world, ensuring connectivity equals increasing your share of the market and increasing customer loyalty.
- Wi-Fi on board for passengers & staff, with the possibility to split the connection and assign different capabilities to different groups (membership rewards, first class, staff…)
- Prioritize specific data traffic according to your preferences and needs
- A series of Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide the connection of external digital devices, like screens, alarms and communication systems (e.g. satellite antennas)
- Real-time connectivity for passengers allows real-time interaction with users and buses via apps to enhance the passenger experience, loyalty rewards and added-value services (on-route shopping, booking, trip information…)
- Attract international passengers with no mobile connection (VoIP calls, online booking, entertainment, etc.)
- Have all these services in a fully rugged environment that has the highest level of security and encrypted communications to ensure complete isolation from other operational services.
Open up a new whole world of on-board entertainment and you will generate invaluable loyalty that will quickly pay off.
- Live TV on the go: why should a bus trip stop you from missing your favorite TV show? Provide passengers with live sport events or the latest news so they do not miss valuable information during the trip.
- Let the passengers catch up with the latest movies or series while they are travelling. Choose from a list of films or even watch the latest film releases on demand for a great on-board cinema experience!
- Provide your passengers all sorts of online games on board. Take advantage of it to promote the use of social media and at the same time make the most of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Promote on-route activities so passengers share the experience on their favorite social networks. Improve your passengers’ experiences by offering a wide range of recreation possibilities while on board.
Punctuality, adhering to the schedule, coordinating with other transport connections, on-route services… All these features are possible today, if you have the right technology.
- Make the passengers’ time on the bus as pleasant as possible by allowing them to organize their arrivals from the bus: book a hotel at the destination, have a rental car waiting for them or simply taking a look at which monuments they are going to visit during their holidays, in addition to many others.
- Punctuality is, after all, perceived as one of the most important aspects upon choosing a bus company. Use the extreme reliability our communications platforms offer to optimize it at all levels, including the current state and predictions of traffic thanks to the combination of LTE and GPS real-time data.
- Being communicated at all times, and no matter what, opens up a whole new level of possibilities such as coordination with planned stops along the way (e.g. online shopping).
- Manage customers’ expectations, passengers often get disappointed if they lack of information like the arrival time of the bus, whether there is traffic ahead, how much distance and time is ahead on their trip, when is the expected time of arrival… this information keeps travelers anxiety low and helps them to enjoy the trip.
On-board entertainment and technological capabilities are two of the most valued aspects by passengers while travelling, and thus their presence directly translates into a boosted market share and increased customer loyalty. While companies have been incorporating some of the previous functions little by little in different devices, at some point they always face the inconvenience of having their vehicles filled with an endless number of gadgets, which cannot interoperate and lack the necessary flexibility to incorporate capabilities supplementary to those for which they were originally designed.
Is it possible to overcome this problem? The answer is yes, the combination of different software solutions (based on mobile apps, on-board software and cloud software) available in the market with reliable multiservice communications provides the perfect foundation for unique communications and a reduced number of on-board hardware.
It is a fact that, at this time, most of the passengers carry a smartphone, “their own portable screen” which allows these services to be provided without investing in on-board screens. State-of-the-art Wi-Fi deployments take into consideration high-density Wi-Fi and ensure the best performance for these services.
There is a boom of different apps and services to add value for passengers, mainly driven by airlines and rail companies, and these are easily applicable to road transportation. All these apps combine cloud-based infrastructures and some of them some have on-board software which can be installed in specific on-board PCs according to the different needs (or even on several virtual machines)
Last but not least is the unification of all the on-board communications. Having an advanced and scalable communications platform that can integrate all the necessary communication features, isolating services, prioritizing them, securing critical services, and providing a unique management interface, communications become the perfect foundation for these services which can be added gradually providing an open door to integrating any future technology developments the market might come up with.
Scroll down to discover what we can do for you and your company at Teldat.
Teldat’s added value
Centralization of all on-board communications in real time
High Density Wi-Fi
The combination of both features allows segmentation, and thus the introduction of added-value services such as Premium Wi-Fi, among others.
Load Balancing and Bandwidth Aggregation
Dynamic Link Selection and Bandwidth Prioritization
Teldat has a huge advantage in comparison to other on-board router manufacturers. Our communications devices are based on a proprietary operating system which offers high-level advantages that are requested by the most demanding sectors in the economy, such as the financial sector, telecommunication carriers and public government. That is why manufacturers without this experience are unable to match Teldat’s added value.
As a real example of the diverse functions this feature offers, the video surveillance cameras (CCTV) installed on Boston’s bus fleet could be monitored in real-time in the police cars near buses via Wi-Fi and uploaded at depots through Wi-Fi reducing data usage of the SIMs.
Download Boston Case Study
Other features that are also present in our H2 communications platforms include:
- Rugged hardware design, to minimize maintenance costs and outages for the bus operator.
- SIP Server and GSM Gateway.
- IPSec, firewall and encrypted communications.