H2-Automotive+: Teldat onboard
router for vehicles
Rugged onboard communications platform for vehicles with LTE and WiFi
Multiservice communications platform
Simultaneous multiple WAN (aggregation and balance)
Power supply protection. Enhanced MTBF
Geo-fencing:dynamic configuration in line with GPS
Standard-based service isolation
Battery saving facility: remote/managed power off
Turnkey WiFi solution (Management and HotSpot)
Based on a rugged hardware design, it is fully protected against vibrations, dust and power, specific mobile software, dynamic configurations (for positioning and quality of communication) and delayed power off. Moreover it’s easily integrated into any third party management tool and HotSpot platforms.
Simultaneous use of various WWAN interfaces
Up to four simultaneous LET and/or WiFi access links with aggregation and load balance, ensuring maximum availability and continuity for applications.
Rugged hardware design
Designed and exhaustively tested to withstand vibrations and power surges. Minimal maintenance costs and service drops. Extensive temperature range.
Automation based on GPS and services
Communication (availability and quality) and positioning monitoring to dynamically apply routing policies through service, link and position.
Corporate networking software
Latest IP network technologies in vehicles, providing security, quality and simplicity in multiservice mass deployments.
Its top of the range processor guarantees compatibility with broadband scenarios and the double WiFi module is ideal for environments with high passenger traffic.
For onboard services, WiFi can be used as AP or client depending on positioning. Moreover, delayed power off allows for automatic updating at depots.
Management based on standards and the Teldat ecosystem management tools (Colibri NetManager and HotSpot) simplify mass deployments and turnkey solutions management.
Connected transport: the new paradigm for public transport.
Services such as CCTV, Digital Signage, WiFi for passengers, tickets, fleet management and onboard entertainment are all integrated on the same communication platform, saving cost in management and communications.
Real-time automatic downloading of CCTV via WiFi at depots.
WiFi (AP) for passengers and police along routes, thanks to Geo-fencing. At the depot, WiFi switches to client mode, adapting to GPS position and synchronizing the onboard contents.
Broadband with simultaneous LTE connections
Increases bandwidth and improves service continuity thanks to up to 4 different WWAN modules (4G/LTE) running simultaneously.
4G/LTE dual-SIM for operator redundancy
Redundancy is provided by the quad-SIM and maximizes connection availability by using any telecommunications carrier as backup to others (if a connection drops, for example) in a single module.
2x high density or backup WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac)
2x 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi modules increase the WiFi service capacity for high density environments. Moreover one module can act as client while the other takes the role of AP when using external WiFi networks such as WAN.
Optimised hardware design for embarked environment
Wide range of operating temperatures (-30ºC to 70ºC). Anti-shock design. 12/24VDC for direct battery connection. Delayed power down for continuity on vehicle switch off, optimizing battery consumption.
ISO7637-2 power supply protection (enhanced MTBF)
Power supply protection stage for direct connection to vehicle battery (ISO7637-2); minimizes faults caused by unstable power supply. Temperature sensor for automatic shut-down.
Aggregation/balance for application continuity
Simultaneous use of WAN interfaces (LTE, WiFi, Satellite…) to distribute/load different services through distinct interfaces, optimizing coverage areas, yielding top rate solutions performance.
Safe isolated multiservice communications
Thanks to advanced protocols (such as VRF, VLANs, QoS and Policy Routing) and multiple WAN links, different solutions that share the same communications can be completely separated at service and management level.
Embedded GPS (NMEA): full integration of third parties
Ideal for fleets or telemarking management applications. The router incorporates GPS through TCP (port), delivering real time geolocalization with NMEA standard.
Dynamic behavior based on positioning (GPS)
Dynamic configuration based on the GPS position, as well as WiFi that can be used as AP or client to synchronize data at depots. A SIM can also be employed to optimize coverage and consumption.
Advanced troubleshooting (finely tuned and in cloud)
Advanced troubleshooting (sniffer and Syslog) for analyzing service, position and coverage problems over the route. Cloud management with auto-provisioning means any employee can carry out installations.
Up to 4 simultaneous WWAN interfaces (LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/EDGE)
- Up to 4 hardware modules integrated with HSPA+ or LTE/HSPA+
- 2 external antennas with a SMA connector per module.
- Support for additional USB external modems (licensable option).
Up to 2 Wi-Fi Interfaces (802.11abgn)
- Selectable Access Point and client mode 802.11abgn selectable 2.4/5GHz
- MIMO 2×2 with external antennas (SMA-RP connector) per module
- WEP, WPA, WPA2 security. Quality of Service: WMM QoS. Multi SSID
- 4-port switch plus one optional WAN port (RJ45F connector)
- 802.3i (10BaseT), 802.3u (100BaseT), 802.3ab (1000BaseT)
- Duplex support, speed link auto-negotiation IEEE 802.3u, VLAN y 802.1X
- Active GPS antenna with FME connector and NMEA protocol.
- Acquisition time (Hot Start 1s, Warm start 29s Cold Start: 32s).
- Precision (Horizontal < 4m (50%); Rate.
- Temperature: -25ºC to 70 ºC.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95%.
- Antishock and vibration resistant (EN 60068-2).
Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height: 237 x 180 x 59 mm
- Approximate weight: 2.5 Kg.
- Flexible installation: Wall, ceiling and horizontal.
Specific Wi-Fi functions
- HotSpot Gateway function for HotSpot service support
- WLAN controller function for onboard Teldat APs
- Dynamic functionality (AP or client) in accordance with position.
- ARP, ARP Proxy, MTU discovery, NAT, ECMP, BFD.
- Static & dynamic routing: RIP, OSPF, BGP, Policy based.
- Virtual Router Forwarding (Multi-VRF).
- Multicast: IGMP (v1, v2, v3), PIM-SM, MSDP, MLD, MLDv2.
- IPSLA polling service (delay, packet loss, jitter).
- High availability: VRRP, TVRP (HSRP compatible).
- IPSec support in transport mode, tunnel and DMVPNs
- Pre-shared authentication, RSA, Certificates, MDS, SHA-1
- Encryption: DES (56 bits), 3DES (168 bits), AES (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- Certificates: CSR, SCEP, X.509v3, PKIX, LDAP revocation
- Static and dynamic access lists and Firewall based on session.
- DoS & DDoS attack detection.
- Server & client DHCP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet.
- NTP, LDAP, Syslog, SCP Client. TFTP Server.
- DHCP Relay, dynDNS.
Quality of Service
- Classification, marking, BW management, BW prioritisation and limitation
- Up to 32 classes & 16 queues per interface.
- Strict policies (PQ), Low latency (LLQ), through weight/class (WFQ, CBWFQ)
Specific WWAN functions
- Automatic hand-over (passive and active detection based on polls).
- Advanced link monitoring (packet error, latency, jitter).
- Quadruple SIM and four modules associated to the hand-over mechanism.
- CLI configuration and storing in plain text file.
- Permissions assignment for users and groups.
- AAA support RADIUS & TACACS+ compatible.
- Support for Netflow, RMON V5 & V9, SNMPv1, v2c & v3, Syslog.
- Manageable through SMS.
- Wireshark compatible remote traffic capture.
Console interface and asynchronous serial port connector
- DB-9 with proprietor pin (adapter included) RS232, N81.
- Default speed 9600 bps, maximum speed 115200 bps
Traffic balance and broad band aggregation
- Multipath per session (TCP/IP)
- IPSec-based Smart Balancing aggregation mechanism
- Use of DMVPNs and dynamic routing for application continuity
- Protocols: SIP (UDP, TCP, TLS) with SIP and GSM Gateway terminal support.
- GSM mediagateway for backup calls on a GSM network
- Surviving services: Calls, delay, transfers
Onboard environment ruggedness and power protection
- Power protection for direct from ISO7637-2 battery.
- Certificates: EN 60068-2, EN60950-1, EN 55022, EN 55024, ISO7637-2.
- Delayed power off (activated through ignition).